Author Topic: came close but not enough  (Read 2136 times)

Offline MC7791

came close but not enough
« on: June 30, 2016, 07:04:30 AM »
Got a 731.  Did not do one of the hands on tests enough.  It was #7.  Will now lose both CCNA and CCNP because I have to wait a week before I can reschedule.  MY time with run out.  I have never gotten any hands on experience through a job.  Right now not able to set up own equipment.  Wonder if having a network tech job is out of the cards for me. 

Offline johnjarzk

• I think your plan is good, except; it sucks.
Re: came close but not enough
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2018, 01:39:34 PM »
Certifications are not the end all be all. I have worked with people who have not had any certifications who could do circles around those who had several, myself included. A certification does look good on paper, though, and will help getting a job. That said, I would say get right back into it with the CCNA. I know it's a pain in the butt, but so what? Just get the first, then go to the second, and on and on and on. I hope those who read this can take your lesson to heart and give themselves and out if they fail. I, for one, always wait to the last minute to re-certify, and I have come close to replicating what happened to you, so maybe not feel too bad because there are a lot of people who do the same and lose their progress.

Best of luck and be sure to retest when you can.