How2pass.com Forums

Full Version: Passed Switch!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Passed the Switch yesterday! Score was well over the passing minimum.

I had only 44 questions including the lab and simlets. Lots of questions from the "recently updated" question section, I had the HSRP and the VTP simlet, but only the LACP lab. Had a drag and drop I hadn't seen before, seven options true/false about LLDP packets. Definitely some new questions, which is going to happen, and a lot of them were very nit-picky and about things I didn't really feel were great judges of your overall knowledge, but then again, I'm not Cisco and I am not the judge haha.

In my lab, switch two gave me some grief about the encapsulation dot1q command. It accepted the command, but then showed the encapsulation type as auto, and when I tried to input the command again, it gave me the error that you cannot configure encapsulation on an interface who's trunking status is set to auto... idk. I just went through and re-verified everything. It all looked good, but I issued all the commands again, and then it worked. Copy run start is rejected, however, the full command, copy running-config startup-config WAS accepted. Idk how much of a difference that makes, but I was able to tab that out and it took it. Definitely make sure you are strong on this lab because everyone I know who has taken this test got this one!

My simlets were identical to H2P, the lab was very similar, and I'd say of the remaining questions, I'd seen about 70% of them before, or something extremely similar. I got a few wild curveballs (always seems to happen), but very glad I had H2P! Do your labs, do your simlets, know all of the recently updated questions by heart, and get above a 90% on your random tests consistently and you'll be fine, provided you read a good study book and know what you're about. Thanks again, H2P! It's been a great ride  Cool
Congrats John! Please share what resources you will use for tshoot if you can.
(12-09-2019, 01:07 AM)wmtowqalp Wrote: [ -> ]Congrats John! Please share what resources you will use for tshoot if you can.

Three of my coworkers who passed recently (within the last year or so) all recommended 9tut for troubleshoot. One of them even got a perfect score, which I've heard is rare, but not unheard of. He did all three tests back-to-back! Dude is a machine lol.

They've also recommended some youtube videos, which I'm yet to check out, but if I find any good ones I'll let you know! The 9tut T-shoot stuff is really solid, it looks like, so it's probably enough. I wish H2P had some resources, because they did me right to this point! Cool
(12-14-2019, 07:40 PM)johndamanager Wrote: [ -> ]Three of my coworkers who passed recently (within the last year or so) all recommended 9tut for troubleshoot. One of them even got a perfect score, which I've heard is rare, but not unheard of. He did all three tests back-to-back! Dude is a machine lol.

They've also recommended some youtube videos, which I'm yet to check out, but if I find any good ones I'll let you know! The 9tut T-shoot stuff is really solid, it looks like, so it's probably enough. I wish H2P had some resources, because they did me right to this point! Cool

Thanks man. Good to know the 9tut sites are still valid.
I also heard from a coworker that youtube has good info. I am going to look for those too. Do you happen to know how many multiple choice type questions are there on the test? I know it's mostly sims and labs but not all of it is.
Im pretty sure I got that same hands on lab and ran into many issues as well lol. Luckily I still passed with it being incomplete (as I believe). Congrats!
(12-20-2019, 04:05 PM)wmtowqalp Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-14-2019, 07:40 PM)johndamanager Wrote: [ -> ]Three of my coworkers who passed recently (within the last year or so) all recommended 9tut for troubleshoot. One of them even got a perfect score, which I've heard is rare, but not unheard of. He did all three tests back-to-back! Dude is a machine lol.

Thanks man. Good to know the 9tut sites are still valid.
I also heard from a coworker that youtube has good info. I am going to look for those too. Do you happen to know how many multiple choice type questions are there on the test? I know it's mostly sims and labs but not all of it is.

I've heard like a dozen multiple choice questions, but a lot of them are DnDs. I haven't been practicing them yet, though, mostly working on getting comfortable with the tickets. But, only 17 of them, and the SAM strategy is really solid. I've almost got it down, maybe another week or so, and then I'll practice the questions. I scheduled my test for the first weekend in February, but I'm pretty confident I'm going to be able to move it up a few weeks for the first attempt.