How2pass.com Forums

Full Version: AR271
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The only logical answer is to configure AS_PATH prepend for the current best path.
Higher local pref is preferred so the current answer seems incorrect?
When you change the CURRENT best path, how do you know that it will choose the wished route as alternative best path?
I think you need to modify the wished route (for example configure a higher local preference).
(02-15-2023, 09:46 PM)darkfile Wrote: [ -> ]When you change the CURRENT best path, how do you know that it will choose the wished route as alternative best path?
I think you need to modify the wished route (for example configure a higher local preference).

@Darkfile I agree with your logic, however the current answer says to "Configure lower LOCAL_PREF to select as best path". So selecting a lower local pref than the default 100 will nnot make it the best path.
"Configure lower LOCAL_PREF to select as the best path."
In the BGP path selection process, a higher LOCAL_PREF is preferred. By lowering the LOCAL_PREF for the path from 10.57.255.11 (the current best path), we make it less preferred, and the path from 10.77.255.57 may become the new best path.