Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is How2pass 300-115 enough to pass the exam?
Hi,

I need to take my 300-115 exam soon to re-certify my CCNP and was just wondering if the How2pass that I've paid for is still enough to pass this exam?

I seen other sources with question of 1000+ for this exam and How2pass only seem to have 621 (excluding the Labs).

So just want to know if I wasted my money with how2pass and go with another provider as I don't want to waste my time studying how2pass if it's not valid to pass the exam.

Thanks in advance.
Time will tell, if our material is useful or not.
(05-24-2019, 08:18 PM)forumsupport Wrote: Time will tell, if our material is useful or not.

What kind of answer is that, can you please advise if using your material is enough to pass or not?  If not it's a waste of time and money, so can you be more specific with your answer?
Yes it is enough if used as advised in member area.

Check this thread:
https://www.how2pass.com/forum/thread-934.html
I'm pretty sure H2P suggests getting a good book to study from and knowing what you're doing before you take the test. This is meant to be a supplementary material to ensure you have the best chance of passing, not a class on professional level Cisco switching.

In my experience taking these exams, yes, if you memorize the answer to every single question and memorize how to do every single lab, you will be able to pass the test. About 80% of the questions on every exam I've taken are EXACTLY what you see on this site, including the labs and simlets.

However, you will have a brain dump cert, and you very likely will not be able to reflect your certification level if you're able to get a job in the field.

I work on a network security team for a large utility company, and we interview people who have CCNPs who, when we ask them to draw a network on the whiteboard and then field questions about it, completely break down. It's embarrassing for us, but I can't even imagine what it's like to have a CCNP and not be able to explain the differences between EIGRP and OSPF and why you would utilize one of the over, or not be able to write a simple ACL, or not be able to explain the steps in a TCP handshake (even after someone says, "Ok, I'll give you a hint, it starts with SYN"), or tell a network security team you should put an "allow all" rule at the bottom of your firewall configuration. I could go on and on about people like this, but you get out of it what you put into it.  Undecided
(09-29-2019, 04:50 PM)johndamanager Wrote: I'm pretty sure H2P suggests getting a good book to study from and knowing what you're doing before you take the test. This is meant to be a supplementary material to ensure you have the best chance of passing, not a class on professional level Cisco switching.

In my experience taking these exams, yes, if you memorize the answer to every single question and memorize how to do every single lab, you will be able to pass the test. About 80% of the questions on every exam I've taken are EXACTLY what you see on this site, including the labs and simlets.

However, you will have a brain dump cert, and you very likely will not be able to reflect your certification level if you're able to get a job in the field.

I work on a network security team for a large utility company, and we interview people who have CCNPs who, when we ask them to draw a network on the whiteboard and then field questions about it, completely break down. It's embarrassing for us, but I can't even imagine what it's like to have a CCNP and not be able to explain the differences between EIGRP and OSPF and why you would utilize one of the over, or not be able to write a simple ACL, or not be able to explain the steps in a TCP handshake (even after someone says, "Ok, I'll give you a hint, it starts with SYN"), or tell a network security team you should put an "allow all" rule at the bottom of your firewall configuration. I could go on and on about people like this, but you get out of it what you put into it.  Undecided

Thanks for posting this. Best advice I've seen on this forum and it's about job interviews. This is the bare minimum you should go into an interview prepared with for a network team. Very similar story at my job, it's very obvious who knows and doesn't know what they're doing. Brain dump certs is for people with solid experience in that area. If you don't have it, you need to learn the topic in great depth.
It's been my experience that using a single source is a huge mistake.

I would suggest using the CISCO book, How2Pass, and another source of your choosing. 9Tut works for me.

Recently passed SWITCH using those sources to renew my own CCNP.
(09-29-2019, 04:50 PM)johndamanager Wrote: I'm pretty sure H2P suggests getting a good book to study from and knowing what you're doing before you take the test. This is meant to be a supplementary material to ensure you have the best chance of passing, not a class on professional level Cisco switching.

YES YES YES!!! This should be used to test your level of knowledge and should NEVER be used simply to memorize questions! Knowing what you are talking about will only benefit you in the long run and not doing so would only be doing yourself a disservice.
Realistically, it is enough if you put the time into it, and actually understand the the reason why that answer is right and wrong, which would include using your cisco press books or google as references. 812/1000