Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question ID: 267
Hey guys, I know the correct answer is:

switchport access vlan 10
switchport mode dynamic desirable

but..

doesn't the "switchport mode trunk & switchport nonegotiate" commands also work?

Straight from the cisco press:
"If you decide to configure both ends of a trunk link as a fixed trunk (switchport mode trunk), you can disable DTP completely so that these frames are not exchanged.  To do this, add the switchport nonegotiate command to the interface configuration.  Be aware that after DTP frames are disabled, no further negotiation is possible until this configuration is reversed.

Any ideas why this isn't a viable answer?
Can you post the question. Thanks.
"Which configuration option will cause the link between two Cisco 3600 Series Multiservice platforms to become a functional trunk?"

Option 1:
switchport dynamic auto
switchport dynamic auto

Option 2:
Leave both ports with their default trunk settings

Option 3:
Switchport access vlan 10
Switchport mode dynamic desirable

Option 4:
Swithport mode trunk
Switchport nonegotiate
Kyle, check this link: https://learningnetwork.cisco.com/message/96502. I hope this helps.
I believe it confirms what I was asking, would you disagree?

If you enable trunking and nonegotiation, it should form a functional trunk.

no?
My thought is that Option C is correct since that is the way to make a trunk port actively try to create a trunk group. Option 4 could also be correct but remember with Cisco they are looking for the answer that is MOST correct. Option 3 gives you more options on how the other switch is configured, which they do not give you in the question. With Option 4 unless the other switch has the same nonegotiate config no trunk will form. Just my opinion
You are probably right, damn Cisco for making their tests so confusing..

So many questions I sit there like..I KNOW there is more than one answer.  ha

Thanks for your help, just wanted to share my thought process.