Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AR538
I think there's an issue with the answer of this question. The answer is listed as OSPF and BGP, but I believe the answer is LDP and RSVP.

The two protocols used by P routers to transfer VPN traffic between PE routers in an MPLS network are:
LDP (Label Distribution Protocol)
RSVP (Resource Reservation Protocol)

Explanation:

LDP is a protocol used in MPLS networks to distribute labels between adjacent label switch routers (LSRs). It allows P routers to assign and exchange MPLS labels for forwarding labeled packets along the Label Switched Path (LSP).
RSVP is a signaling protocol used in MPLS Traffic Engineering (MPLS-TE) to establish and maintain LSPs with specific bandwidth and quality of service (QoS) requirements. RSVP is used to reserve network resources along the LSP path.
The other options mentioned:

BGP (Border Gateway Protocol) is used for exchanging routing information between autonomous systems (AS) but not for transferring VPN traffic within an MPLS network.
OSPF (Open Shortest Path First) is an interior gateway protocol (IGP) used for routing within an AS but not for transferring VPN traffic in an MPLS network.
MP-BGP (Multiprotocol BGP) is used by PE routers to exchange VPN routing information and MPLS labels between VPN instances, but it is not used by P routers for transferring VPN traffic.

Please someone let me know if my understanding is not correct. Thanks!
The question has been corrected. Thank you!