Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Basic Routing help
I'm hoping someone can help. I'm taking a CCNA class and plan on taking the CCNA soon. However, I've got a bit of a environment setup question. Say I've got two routers. One that has a Static IP address from my ISP and then the other interface is connected directly to the other router, which contains the access-list. How would I just forward all the traffic going to/from R1 to R2? Would Static routes work? Any advice would be great. Thank you! 
I suppose a static default route would work,but it might make more sense to configure the ACLs on router one.
What do you have ACL's on the inside router if your forwarding all traffic?
IMHO.....
ACL's on an inside router is fine if you are trying to limit bandwidth usage across your network.  Just make sure your not reversing the recommendations of where to put standard ACL's and extended ACL's
STANDARD = as close to  DESTINATION as possible
EXTENDED = as close to SOURCE as possible

As for routing traffic between the two routers you could do it any number of ways.
static routes.
default routes
RIPv2
IGRP (not recommended)
EIGRP
OSPF( for two routers not really necessary)

Static routes or default routes would be the most logical seeing as you only have two routers and there would be no need for a routing protocol.  When you add more routers onto the schema then switch over to a routing protocol.