Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CCNP TEST THIS SATURDAY.
I have my exam this Saturday. Wish me luck  ???.
Good luck!  I took and passed SWITCH 642-813 last week.  I had the test simlet and labs very close to 4,5 & 6.  It was a close call on the high availability section though (42%) because for some reason I had it in my mind that the default decrement value when tracking is turned on but not specified is 1.  That is not correct.  It is 10.  I realized that later on in the test after the simlet when there was a multiple choice question and the formula with 1 wasn't an optional answer.  Sort of made me sweat till I got to the end of the exam.
Thank you for the advice DriveOn  Smile. I cannot believe you had 4 simlets on your exam. Does this hold true for everyone else? Additional advice from the CCNP community is appreciated. 
Actually it was the 1 simlet (HSRP) and 3 labs.  Best advice is to know everything (obvious huh?). Smile  Seriously, do know how to do those labs because from everything I read those labs (4, 5 & 6) are pretty common.  Personally I practiced the labs by simply writing the commands in NotePad until I had it down.  Because the ROUTE test was done in June, I had a good grasp of the EIGRP principles on Lab 5 but there are Layer 3 switching issues there as well.  Labs 4 and 6 took the longest practice.  I probably typed the labs about a dozen times each over the span of 2 months while preparing. 

Preparation materials included Cisco Press CCNP SWITCH 642-813 Official Certification Guide, CBT Nuggets SWITCH, Boson ExSim-Max SWITCH exams,  the Boson Network Simulator and of course, H2P.  Also read a lot from Cisco's website.  I find that I have to study more because my job doesn't yet have me using this regulary.  That will soon come though.

All the best to ya!
Mine is this Saturday as well.  Good luck!
(11-08-2011, 08:28 PM)DriveOn link Wrote:Good luck!  I took and passed SWITCH 642-813 last week.  I had the test simlet and labs very close to 4,5 & 6.  It was a close call on the high availability section though (42%) because for some reason I had it in my mind that the default decrement value when tracking is turned on but not specified is 1.  That is not correct.  It is 10.  I realized that later on in the test after the simlet when there was a multiple choice question and the formula with 1 wasn't an optional answer.  Sort of made me sweat till I got to the end of the exam.

Thanks DriveOn, I did not know that and I now know why a lot of the HSRP practice questions didn't seem to have correct answers LOL.
David,

How did it go?

My exam was postponed again. I will update my exam experience once I am able to take the exam. Thank you Brad for your concerns! I am having a problem with sim 6. 
What problem are you having?