Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ISCW229
The correct answers provided by h2p for this question are incorrect. If you read the explanation, it even contradicts the correct answers provided. The correct answers should be, "The default login authentication method is applied automatically to all lines including console, auxiliary, TTY, and VTY lines." and "All users will be authenticated using the RADIUS server. If the RADIUS server is unavailable, the router will attempt to authenticate the user using its local database."

Do any admins read these forums? This is the second error I have seen when taking these tests, and I haven't received a response yet.
What is wrong with below answer?
All users will be authenticated using the RADIUS server. If the user authentication fails, the authentication process stops and no other authentication method is attempted.
You're right, upon further review your answer is also correct. However, shouldn't the answer "The default login authentication method is applied automatically to all lines including console, auxiliary, TTY, and VTY lines" also be true? The website below states, "The only exception is the default method list (which is named "default"). The default method list is automatically applied to all interfaces except those that have a named method list explicitly defined. A defined method list overrides the default method list."

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk59/tec...3c81.shtml

I didn't see any other method listconfigured for line con 0, so I would assume that the default would be the only authentication method.

Thanks for answering,