Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ICND1, ICND2 or complete CCNA?
Hi folks!
I just need a little help with these exams. I took Cisco Academy classes and passed the CCNA Exploration Exams Part One (Network Fundamentals) and Part Two (Routing Protocols and Concepts). The CCNA Exploration has 4 parts but I couldn't finish them all. So I was wondering, if ICND2 is equivalent to Part 3 (LAN Switching and Wireless) and Part 4(Accessing the WAN) of the CCNA Exploration. Or do I have to go for the whole CCNA 640-802 Exam?
I took the CCENT before enrolling in cisco academy.. I feel that part one and part two properly prepare you for the ICND1 exam, i would, however wait and take both.
My advice is to take the complete CCNA. Granted, it's easier to break the topics down ala ICND1 and ICND2 but the problem is that you're taking twice as many questions over two exams. This means you're have a much, much greater chance of covering just about every subtopic on the exam and you better know them. Or to put it another way;
Pay $250 and take a 110 question test  (ICND1 then ICND2)
Pay $250 and take a 55 question test (composite exam)
Again, I highly recommend you take the CCNA test as a whole.
(01-08-2012, 01:53 AM)netdogo link Wrote:My advice is to take the complete CCNA. Granted, it's easier to break the topics down ala ICND1 and ICND2 but the problem is that you're taking twice as many questions over two exams. This means you're have a much, much greater chance of covering just about every subtopic on the exam and you better know them. Or to put it another way;
Pay $250 and take a 110 question test  (ICND1 then ICND2)
Pay $250 and take a 55 question test (composite exam)
Again, I highly recommend you take the CCNA test as a whole.
I just registed to say this:

NO

Noone, starting from a guy taking a network cable and taking the one end of the cable plugging into port 1 of a network switch and taking the other end and plugging it into port 2 of the same switch to a 10 year CCIE certified engineer, recommends taking one exam. Most recommend taking the first one then the second one.