Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CCNA 640-802
Hi all,

I am a little confused about the test policy of Cisco. I know that a score of 850+ is needed to pass the CCNA 640-802 composite exam, but I am not sure if a candidate has to have all simulations answered correctly and have 850+ as a score? So lets say , if a candidate has a score of 950 and misses 1 (or all) simulation question(s), does that mean that the candidate still fails the exam?

Any thoughts/suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Questions are weighted per test. Missing 1 sim will not fail you, but failing 2 sims and depending on number of questions you get on the test, can potentially fail you. Remember you do get partial points for sims even if something was answered incorrectly. 
Thanks once again.
(10-13-2009, 10:20 PM)hrtbrkd link Wrote:Questions are weighted per test. Missing 1 sim will not fail you, but failing 2 sims and depending on number of questions you get on the test, can potentially fail you. Remember you do get partial points for sims even if something was answered incorrectly. 

This is the first that I've heard this on partial credit.  Can you confirm your source on where you heard this?
here are Cisco official answers about scoring.

Exam Scoring
Passing scores are set by using statistical analysis and are subject to change. At the completion of the exam, candidates receive a score report along with a score breakout by exam section and the passing score for the given exam. Cisco does not publish exam passing scores because exam questions and passing scores are subject to change without notice.

What will I receive when I complete my certification exam?
At the completion of computer-based proctored exams, all candidates will receive an exam score report. The score report includes a score breakdown by exam section to help candidates determine their areas of strength and weakness. In addition, your score and the passing score for the particular exam taken will be listed on the report. Please do not discard or misplace your score report. Keep it in a safe place for future reference and proof of exam completion. Also, information on your score report such as your Cisco ID number and/or Test ID number will be used to identify you in the Certification program.

and finally the one that points out and hints on a weighted system

How do I find out the pass score for a certification written exam?
Cisco does not publish exam passing scores because exam questions and passing scores are subject to change without notice. The number of questions on each exam differs and the number of points per question differs, therefore we are unable to provide you with an exact passmark for any Cisco Career Certification exams. The passing score and the exact number of questions will be displayed on the screen at the beginning your exam. After completing an exam, candidates receive an individualized score report including a score breakout by exam section for pinpointing areas of strength and weakness.

I cut and pasted these questions and answers from http://ciscocert.custhelp.com/app/answer.../related/1

Hi,

Is the CCNA pattern changing shortly. And is doing a Masters degree in Networking technology truly beneficial.  Please help me.

Thank You.