Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anybody pass ROUTE test with new practice materials?
Just want to know if anybody has passed the new ROUTE exam with the updated practice tests.  What was your experience?  I am studying for SWITCH right now, and dying for an update, but I might switch it up and go after ROUTE while SWITCH is being updated.  It might be worth it if it might be awhile longer. I have had great success with how2pass previously, but I always like to see what everyone else's experiences are, any pitfalls, inaccuracies, or just opinions about the exam in general.  I like to be mentally prepared as well as technically prepared.
I am in the same boat and want to hear from the test takers ...
I passed the ROUTE exam yesterday with an 888.  Be advised, they will throw you some curveballs in the labs.  And there are going to be 4-5 lab sim questions so know all of them inside and out.  I had labs 5, 6, and 7, and both Simlets.  I did not read a book.  A did some online tutorials and how2pass for 3-1/2 weeks.  The multiple choice questions are dead on.
Just passed with a 966 score.  Like the previous guy said the multiple choice questions matched word-for-word and I maybe saw one or two multiple choice that weren't covered in the online tests and one drag and drop that wasn't covered.  The drag and drop was "what would you need for an OSPF project implementation" and then you were supposed to select four choices to bring over.  I had the OSPF testlet and I had labs 3,5,6 and 7.  The topology and objectives were the same but the IPs and some details (metrics) were different on a few of them but it's really not an issue unless you're just memorizing the commands verbatim.  One nice thing on the sims was that it allowed the ? help key and I don't think it was overly anal if you didn't type out the full commands (i.e. conf term versus configure terminal). 

Just have the TShoot test to do to complete my CCNP.  Anyone know what the status is with How2pass posting that test anytime soon?  Know any other decent sites that do have the test/sims available?
I passed ROUTE 642-902 exam today, with a score of 944.
In SIMs, '?' and 'tab' keys are working, as expected. 'copy run start' command doesn't work.

H2P is very helpful. I have seen most of the questions in the exam.
Thanks..
I just passed the Route test today with a 977 using the How2Pass study materials. I had only the OSPF Testlet and 4 Sims (EIGRP-OSPF Redistribution, EIGRP Stub-Summarization, OSPF Stub Area, and PBR). 'Copy run start' only worked for one of the labs, can't remember which. There were only a handfull of questions that I had not seen from H2P's stuff, but what H2P provids allows you to be able to understand what Cisco is asking on the test. There also were a couple of new Drag-Drop questions, again nothing H2P's materials don't prep you for you just will not see the question in the same format. The majority of the single/multiple choice questions were dead on.

For the Sims that H2P isn't able to provide user interaction I was able to set them up using GNS3 to a very successful degree.

Also, this was my last test for my CCNP requirements.

Thanks H2P! Couldn't have done it without ya.
I suppose to take 642-902 Route exam at the end of this month (March 1/2011). Exam topics shows that there is no more IS-IS and multicasting in routing exam. I am wondering is there any question on real exam concerning these topics.
Thanks a lot
(10-27-2010, 10:06 PM)arrasmithf link Wrote:Just want to know if anybody has passed the new ROUTE exam with the updated practice tests.  What was your experience?  I am studying for SWITCH right now, and dying for an update, but I might switch it up and go after ROUTE while SWITCH is being updated.  It might be worth it if it might be awhile longer. I have had great success with how2pass previously, but I always like to see what everyone else's experiences are, any pitfalls, inaccuracies, or just opinions about the exam in general.  I like to be mentally prepared as well as technically prepared.

OK, passed today with a 941. There were 52 Questions and I got 120 minutes. The questions were pretty accurate, but alot of the ones i got were asked slightly differently or the drag and drops were setup differently.  I would recommend to not memorize the format, but learn the real answer and why.  I made sure that every question on these practice tests, I researched in the ROUTE exam guide. 

Also,
  I got labs 3, 6, and 7, none of the simlets.  THere was something weird about Lab 3.  I thought it was going to be easiest, but there was something wrong with it.  i almost want to say it was an error, because instead of areas 0,1, and 2, There were two Area 1's.  Also, no matter what I did, I could not get the interface going to real Area 1 to show up in "Show IP ospf Interfaces".  The serial interfaces were UP/UP, but the "Show IP ospf Neighbor showed the neighbors in a DOWN state.  The only way I could get the Router A and B to establish a neighbor adjacency was to remove the area 1 stub and stub no summary commands.  There was one thing I noticed about the Area 1 interfaces that was weird, but after 20 minutes or so, I finally decided to skip it and go on.

In Router A, the Serial interface was up, and the serial states were all up(DCD=up DTS=UP ...), but in Router B the interface showed UP/UP but the states were down.  I noticed that both serial interfaces had the "Clock Rate 64000" listed on there.  I tried removing on router B, but it still didnt work, but now I think I should have taken the "Clock Rate" statement out of Router A, since it was the spoke/or stub area.  THat's the only thing I could think of, so hope you all have better luck. 

Thanks How2pass, This is the best study material i have found to date, but I will add the caveat, "If used properly as a study aide, not as a brain dump."  Candidates, do the work, and use GNS3 if you can't afford the real equipment. It was especially important on the LABs where it was not simulated here...
Hi, just to let you know i passed 642-902 today with a 953. Like the guy above i got 120 mins to do 52 questions. I got labs 4,5,6 and 7. They were pretty close to what is on the site here. The questions were pretty close as well. You still need to know your stuff as the questions on this site are a guide only but they are definitely a great help.

Thanks to how2pass, this site has been a great help. I will subscribe now to the switching module. No rest for the wicked.
I took the exam today (third attempt) and passed with 965!! The only way to pass is to practice lots of questions and How2Pass is spot on. I had three router/sims, three D & D and one simlet. 52 questions in total in 2-hrs. I can't emphasis enough how important it is to get familiar with typical questions because although you may know the material, it is a big challenge to answer all the questions confidently in the time given.