Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Failed again
After taking a week long boot camp from Training Camp in Chicago and then failing with almost everyone in the class all three exams. ICND 1&2 and CCDA, I came home and watched two CBT's.  They were from CBTNuggets and TrainSignal.  I also had Measure up and HotCerts Questions.  I read the following
1. Exam Cram
2. Sybex CCNA Study Guide - Todd Lammle -ebook
3. Sybex CCNA Fast Pass - Todd Lammle -ebook
4. MCGraw Hill CCNA Cisco Study Guide - Richard Deal
5. Cisco Press Network Accademy VOL 1-4 ebook
6. Several others from cisco all ebooks

After all that it still took me 4 try's to pass the ICND1 exam.

The Cybex and MCGraw books were better than the Cram exam and Cisco Press material.
Hotcerts was dead on for the first try's for both tests with the exception of the sims. 
Hotcerts sims suck.
Exam Cram sims are dead on but now Cisco has new sims in the exams.  Not one of the 5 sims in the latest version of Exam Cram were on my test this week but they were on my 1st test.

Tuesday I tried the ICND2 again and again failed.

I have now got 2 routers and 3 switches and a membership with "How2Pass".  I hope to retake the ICND2 again on Tuesday next week. 

The third try on the ICND1 exam I had 5 Sims.  The last time only 2.  You have to pass the Sims or you will fail.  You cannot pass these exams by just memorizing the questions.  You have to understand how it works and how to do it.

My exam on ICND2 that I took this week had all new questions not seen in my practice exams.
Totally blew me away.  There were only two Sims and I could not answer either one.  One had three routers and you had to open each console and do show commands and figure out what was not configured properly and reconfigure each one and verify each was working.  There was something to do with OSFP.

The second Sim from this week was one of the 5 Sims I had on my 3rd ICND1 exam.  It had two switches that had three interfaces each. One Fast ethernet F0/1 and two serial.  The F0/1 and the Serial S0 were both admin down and needed a no shutdown command but the other serial was down down and I could not fix it and missed the question both times.  I though it was a ecapsulation mismatch but the Sim would not let me change it to hdlc to fix it.  Down down is supposed to be a physical layer and how do you fix a bad cable in a console window.

Any way WISH me luck on Tuesday and I hope this helps some one.
Well I failed again for the 3rd time last week.  Missed it by 4 points.  Will be taking it again tomorrow.  I am so sick of this certification. 

Cricket