Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Passed CCENT today
Thanks H2p I passed CCENT today with 815. Passing score is 804, barely made it through.  The study materials other than H2p is "The Bryant Advantage." His study guide is the best I've seen.

On the test I had total of 50 questions with 90 minutes.
Two Sims. 1. Complete topology with Configure password. The IP address was totally different than the one on H2p Sims.
2. Show various show commands. On the second Sim the outgoing port was not shown on the 4th router.  This threw me off. All the others were listed.

Four testlets - 1. Identity the path a packet takes in a network. The question was in reverse order. Instead from Host A to B. It was B to A.
2. Router/switch testlet security questions. Basically asking about the running config. Password on Switch was not encrypted  for telnet. It was a weak PW but telnet was set to no login. Router line vty and con 0 PW was encrypted. So the question were base on the security.
3. Identify the path a FTP packet takes in reverse order. Instead of Host A to FTP server. FTP to HostA
4. ? not sure.

Congrats...... Believe me I was extremely happy on passing it on my third try after not being successful after 2 attempts at it. I have been studying and reviewing for ICND2 and will be giving it another go this weekened. I have been studying about 2 months. It really tests your concepts more so than theory on ICND1.
Thanks! Good luck on ICND2. I got lot more studying to do before trying ICND2.