Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Passed 640-802 today w. Flying Colors !!! - (Plus a little question)...

Hello all of you on the Forum !

Ohh yes - It happend - I just passed the 640-802 exam today with a score close to 100% after many month of hard Studying + Training on H2P! - This just make me a very happy Guy...

There's absolutely NO DOUBT, that hard Training on the H2P Site, helps the CCNA exam-taker a LOT, when joining the real exam ! - Many of the questions on the real exam were SO CLOSE to those of the questions on H2P !

So to all of you, training on the H2P CCNA Site ! - Continue your (hard) Training on this Site, and DON't give  up - Then you'll succeed on the real exam for SURE !

H2P is just so GREAT ! Smile

However I've a little question regarding an EIGRP SIM Troubleshooting case, I got on my real exam today, but which gave me some trouble in solving the case 100% correct. (Unfortunately I used all to much time on this SIM Case on the exam).

Therefore I'm bit curious regarding which (and how many) errors that were actually introduced in the actual EIGRP Network on the exam ?

Perhaps some of you also has tried this EIGRP Case on your real exam, and thus perhaps know the correct solution / answer in finding and fixing the errors introduced in the actual EIGRP SIM case!?

The case had MANY similarities with the H2P QID-S16 EIGRP SIM (eg a Newly added "Home2" Router to a existing EIGRP netw., but Home2 NOT establishing EIGRP Neighbor relationship with its Neighbor "Home1" Router, (just above the Home2 Router) on the Netw exhibit for the case)

Because of the extreme time-pressure during the case I only found ONE single error in the network: WRONG EIGRP AS Number configured on the newly added Home2 Router!

But when changing the AS Number on the Home2 Router to the Correct  "AS 12" (I think it was that number?), still NO EiGRP Routes showed up in the (new) Home2 Routing Table...

Then I checked the Status of ALL Interfaces on both Home1 and Home2, and they were all together in a UP/UP Status - It was looking OK!

I also checked the Router EIGRP "Network" statements on both Routers, and they also seems to reflect the configured IP addresses applied to the various Interfaces on the 2 Routers - Then I simply gave up in solving the case, due to my lack of time on the exam.

The only thing I didn't checked very deeply in the case, was the IP Subnet number + Mask configured on the I/F's on the Link between Home1 and Home2 - I never discovered if there perhaps was a mismatch between these addresses and/or Masks on the link between the 2 Routers, preventing them in establishing a EIGRP Neighbor relationship ???

So - Does anybody of you have a clue regarding the correct solution for this Real-exam EIGRP case ???

Pls help, if you can ! - I'm VERY curious about this !

Thank you in advance!

Best regards

Nick K
The hello packets and dead interval timings were wrong!
hello packets and dead intervals dont matter in eigrp only in ospf

i'm guessing just like the sim, you didn't look at the other router to notice that it wasn't advertising one of the networks, instead it was advertising a network that didn't exist.

Thank's for answering !

Well, as mentioned by Bui, I also don't think, there were any problems regarding the EIGRP Timers on the two routers in the SIM.

Regarding advertised Networks between the two routers, I think I also checked that very carefully during the exam, but perhaps I could have overlooked something regarding this because of the demanding time-pressure during the test - Hard to know...

BR

/Nick K