Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Passed ICND1 - First time with 3 weeks prep!
Hi All,

Just wanted to share my success!

I know the basic networking stuff to comfortably set up a home network but needed something under my belt to get me some more cash in a better job more specifically focused in networking. Had lots of personal stuff going on at home (death in family and trouble with the missus) which didn't help at all. Took some time off work and knuckled down.

My method:
-Watched only CBT Nuggets on ICND1 in 2 weeks solid, taking notes and working out a fast subnetting method.
-Gave up gaming and drinking over xmas/nye
-Signed up to How2Pass, did a few of the separate topic sections but concentrated on the final exam in test conditions for 1 week as exam was fast approaching.
-Done the final mock on 60 questions setting, approx 15-20 time, but never actually passing :/ always hit just under the H2P pass rate.
-Went into the exam feeling pretty ok as I knew the mock did stretch me even though I never passed.
-Didn't bother with the prep time in the exam, used that to draw up binary charts etc.
-Done the exam with 30 mins to spare and I passed! 862 points!

Now on to ICND2.
Smile
Congratulations on passing ICND1.
Based off the readings in this H2P form, ICND2 is no joke. They say its a lot more challenging than ICND1. I am studying for the ICND2 now.
I also love the CBT Nuggets series. Jeremy is awesome. Jeremy has a new cbt nugget called: Cisco CCNA Labs, Cisco for the real world. I would love to get my hands on but I can't afford it right now for $500. (Come on torrents)
Good luck to us both on passing ICND2. I look forward to reading your success post.
Yeh ICND2 is giving me a hot head, no joke!

Seems like ICND1 was basic theory which most IT bods will know.

ICND2 is real switching and routing stuff beyond your home Netgear setup!

Good luck.
I'm onto ICND2 as well. Just passed ICND1 yesterday with over 930 pts.  Btw, I find it funny that I was doing the same exact thing at the exam.  First things first was draw my binary chart.  So glad Cisco allow liminated chart.  Man, I was hoping they do and they did.

Anyhow, I'm new on How2Pass. I've used the 15 free questions and 1 similation the night before my ICND1.  I think the questions are pretty solid to the actual exam.

I've also used CBT Nuggets ICND1 series, Odom CCENT/CCNA book, Boson, Trancender, 9tut.net and examcollection.com, and passed with a decent passing score.  Based on the majority of posts here, ICND2 is serious stuff.  I wish I have CBT Nuggets CCNA series added to my studies collection, but I do have TrainSignals CCNA series though. Hopefully that is just as helpful as CBT Nuggets series.

I'm scheduled to sit on ICND2 at the end of March.
Hey Chas,

There is a "decent" hands on lab site I found and its totally free. All simulations. " www.azires.com " This is just another avenue for more hands on labs to get familiar with actually typing and executing command line configurations oppose to just reading them on paper.
Nonetheless, still study and master H2P Simulations, simlets & testlets because this is whats needed to pass the exam.

P.S I think H2P has the best sims on the net hands down.
Chas, I use Packet Tracer to run the commands and set up networks as Jeremy does in the vids. Gives you GUI and CLI access to routers and switches, pretty decent.

If you keep at them it all starts sinking in and becomes a lot more familiar.

I got the Official CCNA Exam Guides by W Odom but really couldn't get to grips with them, read a few pages before falling asleep on it! Went back to the CBT Nuggets vids and all was good. My score on ICND1 wasn't great, but could pass it again with a higher score, just needed that first confidence boost to get me started and a pass is a pass!

You can find/download most top notch guides/vids/tools on usenet, but best to sign up to a paid server for trouble free access. I use giganews with vypervpn which avoids my line getting throttled by ISP as they monitor NNTP for big downloads. They do trials of their service which may be worth a shot.

PM me your name and email and I can refer you if you like Smile
BigD5X,

Thanks for the website.  I definately will add this site to my favorite for a long time, especially when it is free of charge.  Nothing is better than FREE.  I'm seriously thinking about adding H2P for my studies for my ICND2.  I've heard nothing but success stories about H2P so yeah I will consider it.  How long have you been on it and are you taking your ICND2 exam anytime soon?  My is at the end of March, should be enough time to prep.

Spac,

I've also used the CCNA text book and CD by Odom, but the text book was way over my head, good book, just hard to follow through.  I've used the CCNA video series by Jeremy and I have to agree that it was much easier to follow along. 

I also use Packet Tracer. Very nice program for virtual simulations, but I noticed Packet Tracer lacks many commands that exist on actual routers.  I wanted to simulate a Firewall ASA5500 series, but couldn't figure out how to accomplish that task.  I did a google search and found that Cisco ASDM launcher has the FW simulation, but finding a working link to download ASDM Launcher is near impossible.

Thanks for usenet, let me give some thoughts about it and if I should decide to sign up, I will let you know. 

Many thanks guys...
Hey Chas,

I'm planing on taking the ICND2 by the end of February. One, because my H2P subscription expires and two, man I need a break. However, if need be, I would re-purchase H2P in a heart beat because that's $40 well spent.  I wasted so much time studying for ICND1. Only because I was studying out dated material. I didn't find out about H2P until my 3rd time around.
I look forward to posting my success story and also reading your success post at the end of March.
Hi BigD5X,

Great! Please do share how your exam experience goes at the end February.  I probably won't do H2P until mid February.  Man, I have so much materials from 9tut, examcollection.com and CCNA video from TrainSignals to review.  After that, I will start my exam cram with H2P materials.  With my ICND1, I was in the same boat as you.  I spent so much time studying other materials that I didn't even see on the exam.  Then one week prior to the exam, I found out about 9tut.net and examcollection.com and spent that last week preparing.  I have to say that without knowing 9tut and examcollection, I would've failed my ICND1 exam.  Also, thanks to a exam taker on 9tut.net who left a comment about H2P, I now have additional study materials which I hope will be nothing but success.

Congratulations on passing ICND1.
Based off the readings in this H2P form, ICND2 is no joke. They say its a lot more challenging than ICND1. I am studying for the ICND2 now.
I also love the CBT Nuggets series. Jeremy is awesome. Jeremy has a new cbt nugget called: Cisco CCNA Labs, Cisco for the real world. I would love to get my hands on but I can't afford it right now for $500. (Come on torrents)
Good luck to us both on passing ICND2. I look forward to reading your success post.