Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Passed 640-802 CCNA composite
I've been a network engineer for over 10years.
2002 - Passed the first time and let expire
2011 - Failed NOT using HOW2PASS (really didn't study at all and failed by 50 points.)
2012 - Passed using HOW2PASS (passed by 69 points. That's a 100 point swing)

I'll say this, if you are wondering if How2Pass is worth the money, yes it is. There are number of very closely worded questions. While not all the questions I seen on the test today are represented in How2Pass, enough are to say this is a great package. Not only does How2Pass give you the same question format as the CCNA, it has decent simulations which are close to the real deal. This is not a "learning package" it's a test practice package. You still need to know the basics.

I crammed with how2pass for about a month straight, took a three week break (that break was WAY too long), and crammed again for the last week. I was scoring around 85-90% on all the random tests. The night before the test, I didn't cram at all, but I did review using the Cisco Press books. I would say, get class room training or read the press books, then use HOW2Pass. It is worth it. CCNP tests here I come!!
I've ALSO been a network engineer for over 10years.
1999 - Passed the CCNA and let expire  (my company supported me to get these Cisco certs)
2003 - Passed the CCNP and let expire
2003 - Passed the CCDA and let expire
2012 - Unemployed, I took the 4 Cisco Academy courses for CCNA at the local college during the summer
Sept 2012 - Passed 640-802 composite using HOW2PASS (passed by 56 points.)
                  I studied the total time of my How2Pass subscription and passed the CCNA the day before it expired.

I agree with this- "How2Pass is worth the money. There are number of very closely worded questions. While not all the questions I seen on the test today are represented in How2Pass, enough are to say this is a great package. Not only does How2Pass give you the same question format as the CCNA, it has decent simulations which are close to the real deal.  This is not a "learning package" it's a test practice package. You still need to know the basics."

I will also add that How2Pass pushed me in certain correct directions to learn things that were not covered in my Cisco Academy classes but were needed to pass the test.  Thanks How2Pass. 

Now I may be moving on to an Avaya ACSS certification and I have also started Microsoft courses at the local college.  These days I COULD NOT do all of this if I was employed.  That's sad.  Companies used to support you with these efforts.  Now you are strictly on your own or so it seems from my point of view.  What are others' experiences with employer support for certifications these days?