Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
642-813 Switching
Failed the 642-813 Switching Exam this morning.  My score was 770 and needed 790.  I had labs 4, 5, 6 and I had an issue with lab 4.  When I changed over to the DSW1 device and entered config t, the SIM would not allow me to create the extended access-list.  When I type the "ip access-list extended" command it would not take and would only take the access-list standard command.  I am pretty sure that I missed this lab..  I was successful in configuring ASW1 with the Radius-Server, but the DSW1 device did not like the ip access-list extended net_172 command.  :o

Furthermore the 6 question testlet\simlet that I had wasn't even close to the one on How2Pass.  The exam had the switching diagram with individual questions, but did not have access to the configs, i.e. the schroll down screen for reading the config.  There was no way to figure out the questions.  I screwed the pooch on one of the labs because I got nervous for limited time..  Out of the 50 questions, there were only around-12-14 that were similar to the How2Pass study material.  I still would have passed if I hadn't lost it on Lab6.  Does anyone know what the heck is going on with the testlet.  It wasn't even close?  Pretty much knew that i was going to fail at around question 30.  Taking a little break on taking it again in 2 weeks..  I had one question on wireless and maybe 2 on voice related issues. 

Time to hit it hard and then go rip it again.  Moving Forward!! 
I found the questions and testlet/simlet also way off! If you are thinking of purchasing H2P 642-813 think again. I also failed today.
Right so I have just taken the 642-813 also and failed with a score of 759. I am already CCNP and just looking to renew...

Now here is the rub, I scored 100% on both Layer 3 and Prep Infra sections, and yet according to the test I score 0% on implementing security extensions. 0% WTF!! Also I have just been back over this section of test questions and I had at least 3 or 4 come up in the exam which I answered (according to how2pass) correctly!!

Also I had Labs 4 , 5 and 6. I also had the issue in Lab 4 where it would not accept the extended access-list command (command no recognised) but I got around it by : ip access-list 101 instead. The only bit I forgot on this lab was to add the dot1x port-control auto command to the fa0/1 on ASW1. However surely I should have got some points for completing all other parts???!!

I find 0% highly suspect and especially as I know some of the how2pass questions came up in very similar format which I new the answers to. I have rebooked the exam for next week but am concerned as I can only learn the material slightly better than I did already (may be it will be enough?)